How to Achieve a Dazzling Smile Naturally: Teeth Whitening Tips
Are you tired of feeling embarrassed about your stained, yellow teeth? In this article, we will share some natural tips and hacks to help you maintain natural teeth whitening, white, healthy teeth and keep dental and oral problems like pyorrhea, cavities, and bad breath at bay, all while giving you back your sparkling white smile. Here are five well-known methods for natural teeth whitening:
1. Natural Teeth Whitening with Basil Leaves and Orange Peels Holy basil is renowned for reducing stress levels and has been used to address mouth ulcers and oral issues. Here’s a great tip to maintain white teeth using holy basil and orange peel:
- Take 8-10 fresh holy basil leaves and crush them.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of dried orange peel powder to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your teeth for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Regularly apply this teeth-whitening paste to keep your teeth white and clean.
Hack: For added freshness, you can mix a few drops of lemon juice into the paste to enhance its whitening properties.
2. Neem Twigs as Natural Teeth Whitening Herbs Neem twigs are highly beneficial for maintaining dental health. They are widely used in India as a natural toothbrush to keep teeth pearly white. The benefits of neem twigs include:
- Killing microorganisms in your mouth.
- Preventing bacteria and pyorrhea from adhering to your teeth.
- Combating bad breath and oral problems.
- Fighting against cavities and harmful bacteria.
- Reducing inflammation.
- Take a fresh, flexible branch of the neem tree, approximately 15 cm long and 1.5 cm thick.
- Remove the thin green skin, leaving the twig without bark.
- Chew one side to create a brush from the twig.
- Use this brush to clean all parts of your teeth, being cautious not to harm your gums.
- Follow this process regularly for white and healthy teeth.
Hack: To enhance the antiseptic properties of neem, you can dip the twig in a little rock salt before brushing.
3. Strawberries – Nature’s Teeth Whitening Fruit Strawberries, with their sweet taste and bright color, can enhance your smile. They also protect your teeth from the harmful effects of tea, coffee, wine, soda, and other beverages.
- Take 1-2 fresh strawberries, remove the peel, and mash them.
- Apply the mashed strawberries to your teeth for approximately 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with normal water or brush with your regular toothpaste.
- Repeat this procedure regularly.
Hack: Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with mashed strawberries to create a powerful natural whitening paste.
4. Natural Teeth Whitening with Baking Soda Baking soda is one of the most cost-effective methods for whitening teeth. It is a mild abrasive that effectively removes stains caused by coffee, tea, wine, and other beverages.
- Make a paste of baking soda with water.
- Apply this paste to your teeth for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your teeth with normal or lukewarm water.
- Use this method regularly before bedtime.
Hack: Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to the baking soda paste for a refreshing taste.
5. Natural Teeth Whitening using Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar is known for its health benefits and powerful cleansing properties. It helps maintain the pH level in your mouth and combats various oral issues.
- Take half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Dilute it with 1 cup of water to create a solution.
- Gargle with this solution in the morning and brush with your regular toothpaste.
- Repeat this process once a day, but be cautious not to use undiluted apple cider vinegar, as it can harm your teeth due to its acidity.
Hack: Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to the apple cider vinegar solution for a pleasant flavor.
Remember, the art of oral care emphasizes that these whitening treatments are not permanent, making consistent use essential. If you often indulge in staining foods and beverages such as tea, coffee, or wine, you might observe a gradual fading of your teeth’s whiteness, leading to a yellowish appearance over time.
For maintaining white teeth:
- Always rinse or gargle your mouth after consuming tea, coffee, soda, wine, or any staining beverages.
- Brush your teeth after eating berries to prevent teeth discoloration.
- Don’t forget to rinse your mouth after eating any meal.
- Consider incorporating tomatoes and strawberries into your diet as they help maintain the original color of your teeth.
Establish a routine by following these simple and natural teeth whitening tips to keep your teeth white and your gums healthy. If you experience persistent symptoms, consult your doctor or dentist. Please share your own tried-and-tested natural teeth whitening tips with us; we’re happy to share your ideas with our readers.